Sunday 20 November 2016

WORSE THAN MEN; from the hands of a heartless

Kenyan policeman in action

The heavy thunder made me escape the blanket making my heart to access abnormal impulse. 

The second thunder was heard, there was a momentarily pause as I thought the world was ending. Hurriedly prepared and rushed out for work. 

Within a stone's throw from home, the rain started. However much I like sleeping but going back was a sign of future poverty. 

So taking cover at the nearest shop was the only option.After 10 minutes, Shafic parked his Toyota Raum and saved me from the coldness. 

Shafic is a very good transporter working for different motor companies. He transports cars for his bosses from Mombasa port to Kampala and sometimes to Kigali. 

A regional cultural and economic hub, Mombasa has an extra-large port and an international airport, and is an important regional tourism centre.

 Located on the east coast of Kenya, in Mombasa County and the former Coast Province, Mombasa's situation on the Indian Ocean made it a historically trading centre,and it has been controlled by many countries because of its strategic location.


For the three years he had spent transporting, Sharif narrated to me how God saved him from the hands of a heartless woman.

HE SAID;-

After clearing all the required bills, 9am caught me starting the Toyota Land Cruiser TX that I was to transport to Uganda. 

All along the owner was on my neck due to the unusual delays at the port. It was dark green in colour, still working well and  one step was enough to unlock the wizard speed. 

Everything was ok till Nyayo stadium.It is a multi-purpose stadium in Nairobi, Kenya. It is located near the city centre. The stadium was built in 1983 for a capacity of 30,000. It is currently used mostly for football matches.

Here it had rained, I stopped for refreshment, a lady covered with a Muslim dress but wet and shivering, brown in colour and seemed to be from the swahili tribe, came to the car as I was about to take off.

"I have a patient in Kerito but I have no transport. Help and drop me there God will bless you" she said but in swahili. Ketiro is a town just after Nakuru.


Beyond the guidelines I helped her. She used the extreme behind sit since the car had three.

There are various check points along Nairobi-Busia highway and this is to control robbery along.

Viewing through the driving mirror, the lady had already replaced the Muslim attire with some other. 

She started making calls to different people in a language that wasn't Swahili and laughing loud.  So I couldn't understand. 

But on every check point, the lady could hide herself and policemen failed to see her while checking. She did it on two check points and this scared me.

On the third, same trick. Then I couldn't hold apart from informing the police. She was arrested, found with a bag containing every type of knife plus chains.

She was on the wanted list among the highway robbers. From the police records, over three people were marked dead by her.
************************************
That's how God saved my friend Shafic. From that day, he sweared never to go beyond the guidelines. 

get more information




No comments:

Post a Comment