Sunday 11 December 2016

SMILING AT COMPETITION

When things go vice versa

I can tell what's running in your mind, knowing how to smile at competition has confused you. He he he, I do it whenever things run vice versa on my way. We don't fight competitors but the best way is to use them at your advantage. How??

9:42am on a sunday, holding my blue sweater as usual, feet hidden in brown flats, stepped out with a convincing smile which is usually pulled into play when things go vice versa. An agreement to meet Hassan at mengo was already activated.

15 minutes to reach mengo while using Bodaboda. Much credit given to those bodamen for the great work of keeping us on time. Mengo is a kampala suburb, I can't estimate the population but it's highly populated.

Mengo is an area comprised of different language speaking groups. They include somalis, Banubi and swahili people. Mengo's anticipation of hygiene sets it at a risk of diseases due to over population.

So my friend Hassan owns a grocery shop situated in the area. Within a stone's throw on his left, lies a shop for Mzee Amos who also deals almost in the same merchandise like that of Hassan.

Mzee Amos is a brown man from Ankole region, God gifted him with enough money and he also carries out poultry farming at Bulenga in Wakiso district. Mzee Amos collects 10 trays of eggs weekly which are brought to mengo for sale.

"Shakilu Man the Mzee in the corner wants to kick me out of the eggs business. He sells eggs at 300/= each yet me I sell at 400/= each" said Hassan.

He went on to link the act on Mzee's poultry farm that supplies him with eggs at no cost. Hassan sells atray of eggs at $4 whereas Mzee sells at $3, creating a gap of #1 which is too much for the country men.

After thinking for a while, I derived a plan for Hassan to stay ahead of the competition without hurting Mzee Amos.  Meaning both were to benefit.

Since Mzee was selling a tray at a whole price, I asked Hassan to promptly buy all Mzee's eggs the moment he brings them. I advised Hassan to do it indirectly through someone else not known to Mzee.

Hassan followed my advice, now he is the only one In the area selling eggs and for Mzee, he is the happiest man because he has a potential customer who buys all the trays at once.

Indirectly Mzee was out-competed unknowingly. So that's what I meant with smiling at competition. We lead by our brains not by actions. Many things can be done with simplicity limiting enemity.

get information

No comments:

Post a Comment